21 October 2007

The Weather Report

Here I am sitting in a coffee shop (I don't drink coffee) in Seattle (and no it is not Starbucks or Seattle's Best, it's Kaladi Brothers, thanks for asking) to use the internet (a weeks worth of business in a few hours). Dreary. The weather that is. My spirits are high as they can be when I haven't seen the sun in days. I miss you all, especially my sweet Mollypop (guys, snicker if you want to, I don't care). I'm ready to come back. I want to see some snow, it's well past my birthday and I have yet to see those tranquil flakes drop from the clouds. That's all that really makes a good excuse for overcast heavens for days on end for me (of course as far as flakes, California definately has the most of them).

Strangely enough, even though the weather sucks here, the people are really nice. In this case I think Ssack is in good hands. I swear I get more smiles from people walking down the street than I do in Boulder. Perhaps it is because there are a lot of rich, pretentious assholes in Boulder, I don't know (but there are of course plenty of warm, wonderful people too). I guess maybe people in Colorado become spoiled by the sunshine (myself included) and don't feel like they need to brighten anyone's day because our closest star is already doing the job. Either way, many of the people here carry the sun within themselves.

This carries on from a conversation between Ssack, my dad, and I. Ssack had read that Vancouver had the third highest quality of life in the world. We decided that this was true if; you were a multi-millionaire and could afford to have a high quality of life in Vancouver, and weather didn't factor into the equation. It was about the same there as it is here, overcast with constant sprinkles (which are neither rainbow or chocolate as it turns out). I can't imagine what Vancouver has that Denver doesn't (I certainly didn't see it).

Well, whatever, don't let me bring you down, it's just the weather. I'll be back in the sunshine soon to get my color back. Love.

No comments: